Artist down......

I have been sick all week with the flu. Yuck! It's ages since I have had such a bad dose of the flu and I'm guessing I got it from the grandkids, as they have had it off and on all winter (remember I'm an Aussie!). So day 6 and I'm feeling a bit better and wanting to create. Don't want to get into the studio. Don't want to clean up paint, paper or glue. Don't feel like sketching...............ummmmmm, what's left? Aha - play with digital! Yes, I can stay all warm and cosied up with my laptop and do some creating - perfect!

I decided to use some copyright free public domain images I downloaded to play around with. The public domain is an awesome FREE resource if you are willing to spend some time looking (another subject and one I just might share soon, so keep tuned!). I had even managed to find some images of my favourite subject - dancers. Add some Photoshop and voila, I'm Dancing in Paris.......




















I also managed to get an unexpected but (to me) very interesting silhouette image while playing with some of the settings. I really liked this one which did require a bit of cleanup along with some freehand additions but I think has a more contemporary feel. Trouble is I don't really know exactly how I did it! LOL One of those "press buttons until something happens" magical incidents that I would LIKE to repeat, but so far no joy.....

So do you have a favourite?

Comments

Popular Posts